Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Letters from Grace, Blacksmith, Care Bears, and Wrestling

A new message from Grace, this one typed at Grandma Nan's house (she went there for lunch):

LUVMOMFROMGRACEINOWEWILOLIZBETOGETHER.
ILUVTOORED.
ILUVTOOPLAYWITHMIMOM.
FRUMGRACE.

Translation: "Love Mom, From Grace.  I know we will always be together.  I love to read.  I love to play with Mom.  From, Grace."

She's getting pretty good, right?

***

Andrew told me that he figured out what he wants to be when he grows up: a blacksmith.  So we talked about how blacksmiths aren't used very much anymore.  But he would still like to make swords and armor.  We talked about how different things are used in war now, but he could make them just for fun.  I told him he might want to get another job, and be a blacksmith as a hobby.  We'll see how that turns out.

***

Matthew has decided he's a Care Bear.  He has a "belly badge", and it makes him fly.  He rubs his tummy and flaps his wings.  It's totally cute, until he screams at his siblings because they want to rub his belly badge, but they aren't allowed to touch it.  He watches Care Bears every day, of course.  It's getting out of hand, but it's better than Power Rangers, or some other crud like that.

***


The two older boys are doing wrestling camp.  I'm surprised how much they love wrestling.  I completely hate it, but if it teaches them to do their best and give their all, I'll support it.  I'm disappointed I won't get to go to their tournament next week (Ben and I have a big dinner the same night), but I know they're going to rock.  They are my little muscle men.

***

A few weeks ago, I took this picture of my two lumber jacks:


Then, Joey got a new shirt for his birthday, and it's the same one that Matt has!  Now they REALLY look alike:

No comments:

Post a Comment