Monday, June 6, 2011

The Epitome of Summer

Sometimes when I go to practice my Symphony or Opera music, I find that Matt has destroyed, cooked, or rearranged something.  This time, apparently he was too tired to get into trouble.  The other kids didn't even bother to tell me that he was taking a nap on the stairs.  I came up to find them stepping over him, like it was a completely normal thing to do.  Or at least a "Matthew thing" to do.



For the record, I did pick him up and move him so that he didn't tumble all the way down upon his cessation of the nap.

***

In other news today:
We changed, packed up, and went to the pool: it hadn't opened for the season yet.
We played in the backyard instead.
We went to the library.
We watched "The Good Samaritan" for FHE.
We had Klondike bars for our treat (yes, honey, I saved you one).
We survived another tornado.
Joey prayed 4 times that we would live through the night.
He is now sleeping in Andrew's bed.
Matt just looked out the window after it had passed and said, "I don't wike dat."
Grace wants me to wake her if things take a turn for the worse.
Haley started Driver's Ed, and I'm more scared of that than the tornado.


No comments:

Post a Comment