Tuesday, December 9, 2014

April Fool's Day

April Fool's Day is one of our favorite days around here.  Usually, we plan for weeks.  The children scheme and plot, trying to find ways to get me.  But I always win.
 
This year, I bought a bag of balloons and spent all afternoon blowing them up.  I hid them until the kids went to bed, then went downstairs, gift wrapped the 2 bedroom doors downstairs, and put most of the balloons in between the door and the wrapping paper.  When the kids opened their doors in the morning, they were met with an avalanche of balloons.  I considered using popcorn, but decided it would be too hard to clean up afterwards.
 
With the leftover balloons, I filled the upstairs bathroom floor so the little ones would have to wade through a sea of them to get to the toilet.
 
 
And then I pulled off my classic pranks: drawing mustaches and eyebrows on each of the kids' faces, and painting all the fingernails and toes I could manage to reach.  They are always so happy when they look in the mirror April 1st.





No comments:

Post a Comment