Thursday, October 10, 2013

Lightning

OK, I'm skipping ahead a little here...
 
But I had these pictures in my queue, so I might as well post them.
 
We were enjoying watching some very far off lightening from our deck one night this past September.  It was far enough away that we couldn't even hear thunder.
 
So Ben and I decided to hop in the car and race up to the cliffs to practice some lightning shots.  I was wearing my pajamas and flip flops (not a good idea, I discovered -- there were cactus up there).
 
You have to get the settings just right to capture a good lightning picture.  I'm still figuring out how to keep the city lights from being to blurry.  But the lightning looks pretty great.
 
But if you look really closely, it looks like there's a UFO in the clouds, and that kind of freaks me out.  I'm sure it's just the electricity, but still.  Freaky.
 






 
I changed lenses between some of the shots.  The pictures that are more bluish are from my 17-55, and the more greyish shots are from my telephoto.
 
We stayed up there for a long time, but as soon as we started hearing thunder, we hiked it out of there real quick.  There's no place less safe during a lightning storm than standing on the edge of a cliff!

No comments:

Post a Comment