Sunday, June 15, 2014

Andrew Being Awesome

Andrew LOVES football.  I don't really like him playing it, but he absolutely won't give it up.  I think he mostly likes being part of a pack of boys, and of course, hitting things.  It is very hard for a mother to watch her son play football.  Actually, it's hard for a mother to watch any of her kids play any sport at all. You want them to do their best, to win, and especially to not get hurt.  But they get hurt in football.  It's like crab fishing -- there is probably a 100% injury rate in football.  And he was always trying to tackle someone much bigger than him.  And he was very successful at it.  He got defensive player of the game 2 or 3 times in an 8-game season.
 
 Football takes A LOT of time!  It really does take over our lives every fall, but that is just what we're going to have to get used to.  Because Andrew will always play football, I guess.
 
But I think my least favorite aspect of football is doing the laundry afterwards.  That is not fun, folks.  Not fun. 
 
Here are some pictures of the co-captain "being awesome" (his words).  In some of the pics, he hadn't gotten his name on his jersey yet (that was my fault -- we had two in soccer, one in football, and my symphony season was starting -- it makes me tired just thinking about it).  But he is #50. Their team made it to the finals, and took 2nd place for the season.
 






















No comments:

Post a Comment