Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Christmas Tree

OK, backing up just a bit.  I think somehow had these pictures out of order in my files.
 
Our annual trip to the forest to cut down our Charlie Brown tree was another success!  We finally found a tree that would pass our quality test after only 1 1/2 hours.  By then, of course, the kids refused to get out of the car (again), so Ben and I hiked up a small hill -- which isn't easy when the snow is up to your mid-thigh.  We successfully dragged back the winner.  And I thought it would be fun to slide down the hill back to the car, until I realized that I snagged my new (expensive) snow pants on a tree branch, and cut a huge hole in them.
 
We then ate at the pizza shop and headed home to decorate the tree.
 
 
And for some reason still unknown to me, Matthew insisted on me taking his picture in exactly this pose.  I call it "The Conqueror".


No comments:

Post a Comment